Tuesday 4 September 2012

Food Review: Yau Yat Seng / You Yi Chen Restaurant @ Section 19

Today me & my colleague happily went out for lunch, & my colleague insisted she want to try out this restaurant, You Yi Chen which located at Section 19, opposite of UMW Toyota. After a some hardship in looking for a parking, we're here.

All credits to Tamciakpo for the pics above

What I can say is; im majorly disappointed to the food served. We have 5 person, & we ordered 5 different dishes.

Me: Preserved Vege Glass Noodles (RM9)
Colleague A: Cheese baked Fish Fillets (RM11)
Colleague B: Fish & Chips with Cheese Sauce (RM12)
Colleague C: Fish Fillet Wrapped in Egg (RM10)
Colleague D: Fried Shanghai Ramen with Vege (RM6)
**Price above is rounded figure, tax (10%) not inclusive. (eg: RM8.95--> RM9)

I got pickled papaya & preserved vege in my soup noodles. Basically the taste of the soup came from the pickles + preserved vege + black pepper + salt, & you can say its not tasty at all. Instant noodle's soup have better flavour than that! Another thing I'm particular with; I did put a note to exclude the spring onion in the order paper, but they still put it in my bowl.So, don't expect a good service here.

The Cheese Baked Fillets & Fillet Pataya is almost like what you had at Kimgary Restaurant etc, nothing much to comment. Fish & Chips is in ultimately small portions, ok for people with small tummy. The Fried Shanghai Ramen? The noodles were way too soft, very small portion & salty. Did I mentioned that the Ramen came after me & my other colleagues finished our food?


Ratings
Environment: 7/10 (Nice environment, comfy seats, dimmed light, cold)
Service: 5/10 (Short of staffs, do not pay details to the order, food came late)
Food: 0.5/10 (presentation ok, not yummy, small portions)
Price: 5/10 (a little bit expensive for the food quality & portions)

Recommendations: Not recommended.

For more reviews on this restaurant, please check out: http://ling239.blogspot.com/2010/05/yau-yat-seng-3-two-square.html





No comments:

Post a Comment